Skip to main content

Modal Auxillaries

What's that?  Don't know what a modal auxillary is?  Neither did I, or at least I didn't know I knew what one was.  (a random and new Common Core Standard)  It's those verbs like Can I help you?  Should you take a jacket?  May I get some water?  While I did get a great free Powerpoint on Teachers pay Teachers from Eileen Mays in Eatonton, Georgia, it was trusty Pinterest to the rescue.  Virginia Chronakis' pin via Diane Rodrigues' pin led me to an ESL worksheets site, iSLCOLLECTIVE.  I chose "English" as my primary language, but they seem to have to have grammar worksheets for multiple other languages.  Simply create a free account, and begin downloading everything you could ever need.  You can also create and upload items to share and give back.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quarter 1 Common Core ELA & Math

Forsyth County, GA posted a link to the pacing guide they have created for next school year. I printed it out and took it home to look it over and start planning for next August. I know, I know. I'm working on the first day of summer vacation, but I need to wrap my brain around the new standards and how they will mesh together with science and social studies. Here is what I created for quarter 1 English/Language Arts. (Hopefully, the following quarters won't be so time consuming!) Everything in black type was provided by the county or the Common Core Standards website. Everything in blue type is something of my own that I added. Here is what I created for quarter 1 math common core content.

Smile

Look at that shelf. Such disarray.  That's kind of how I felt around mid-August.  Pulled in too many directions.  On overload.  In need of a bookend to hold me up and set me straight.  (or, in need of more time in my day)  One week, I tried staying no later than 4 PM, and leaving undone what I couldn't accomplish, but that was stressful, too! I currently spend around 30 minutes everyday, either during classes, during planning, or after, afternoon car duty, to keep all of the books shelved.  I'm doing a better job of preventing the shelves from looking like the one pictured above.  (We've had 3 different moms come a collective six times to volunteer to help with shelving. Yay for Mrs. Stratton, who has come back multiple times!)  I implemented a new change this year, to allow 4th and 5th graders to re-shelve their own fiction or everybody/picture books.  That has helped! I also started a 5th grade program called "Castle Apprentice" (since our library

Common Core Math Games and Resources

Whoo! Another find from Pinterest. Here is a site with games linked to common core standards. While I'm entirely sure that the Expressions part of the math text we adopted several years ago will excellently support the new common core standards, it is always nice to have additional resources for parent volunteer centers or small group remediation games. I also like the list of math read aloud titles. There are also links to free online games that support standards too. It's nice to find so many resources all in one place!